Welcome to Shalford Community in Essex
Our village is in a rural agricultural area in North West County of Essex 5 miles from the country town of Braintree which has a direct rail link to London some 50 miles distance and within 15 miles of Stanstead Airport
Community of 750 residents with a mixed range of 350 properties mostly private but a few recent affordable housing
Luckily we still have a thriving Village Shop, Village Hall, Parish Church , Public House, also Shalford Primary School which is also used by surrounding villages.
Shalford Parish Councillors are pleased to be able to offer this site for the community to use but wish it be known that any views expressed throughout the site are not necessarily views of members of Shalford Parish Council
There are vacancies on the Parish Council
Join and be an active member of our local community and help us with crime and safety, planning issues, environment, highways and local services.
• be over 18 and on the electoral register or a resident of the Parish or live within three miles of the Parish as the crow flies or own a business in the Parish
• be able to attend evening meetings every month
• have an interest in local issues
• have a desire to improve the quality of life in the Parish
• be able to represent the views of local people
The position is unpaid and voluntary, but some expenses such as training are paid for by the Parish Council.
Insert your PostCode – Zoom into your area – Read reports in left hand column
- Contains Ordnance Survey data © Crown copyright and database right 2020
- Contains Royal Mail data © Royal Mail copyright and database right 2020
- Contains Public Health England data © Crown copyright and database right 2020
- Office for National Statistics licensed under the Open Government Licence v.3.0
Always contact the Parish Clerk direct in the first instance
Items Under Discussion – October 2020
Councillors recent minutes article’s under discussion
New Jackmans Cottages Church End for workers now advertised to rent:- Oct Minutes 20/171
Bendlowes Trust and Petanque Court :- Oct Minutes 20/185