Members of the Council are hereby summoned to attend a meeting to be held at Shalford
Village Hall on Wednesday, 21st July 2021 commencing at 7:30pm for the purpose of
transacting the following business:
The meeting will be open to the public unless the Council directs otherwise.
1. Apologies for Absence.
2. To receive member’s declarations of interest and dispensations in items on the
Dispensations should be requested from the Clerk up to the day before the
3. Minutes: Acceptance of the minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council on
the 23rd of June 2021
4. Public participation session with respect to items on the agenda and other
matters that are of mutual interest or local concern: A maximum of 15 minutes
shall be allowed for public question time and it is requested each member of the
public speak for a maximum of 3 minutes.
5. Report from the Clerk: An update on any matters arising from the last meeting
6. To receive a report from the District and/or County Councillor.
7. Planning: To consider and make comments to Braintree District Council on the
21/02124/TPO – Wickford Braintree Road Shalford.
Notice of intent to carry out works to a tree protected by Tree Preservation Order
8/92 – Oak Tree situated on the front drive -The customer at Wickford would like a
full crown reduction on this large tree to minimise and keep at bay the honeydews
causing. I have advised them a 1.5-2m crown reduction would be suitable. The tree
in question has been previously pollarded harshly. Alternatively please can you
propose other options if a full 1.5 / 2 m reduction is not acceptable.
21/02158/HH – The Granary Jaspers Green Shalford
Erection of single storey rear extension, conversion of roof space of garage to living
accommodation and insertion of conservation rooflights.
Development at Hunts Farm
8. Parish Magazine: To receive a presentation from about the new magazine.
9. S106: To agree to spend a portion of S106 money on equipment for the playing
field. (Appendix II)
10. Parish Ranger: To discuss a system for implementing works for the Parish Ranger.
11. Bus Shelter: To agree a budget to refurbish the bus shelter. (Appendix III)
12. Local Hero Award: To vote on nominations. (Appendix IV)
13. Finance: To receive the financial report and approve payments (Appendix V)
14. Items from Councillors to be added to the next agenda.
15. Next Parish Council Meeting: The next meeting of the Parish Council will be held
on the 18th August 2021
16. The Council will resolve to exclude the press and public from the remainder of the
meeting due to confidential business (Public Bodies (Admissions to Meetings) Act
17. Contracts: To discuss issues and agree to review contracts.
Clerk to Shalford Parish Council 15th July 2021